Waxing is an effective method of hair removal where the hair is removed from the root, unlike shaving and hair removal creams where the hair is removed from the surface of the skin. Warm wax is spread over the skin using a roller system and a paper strip is then pressed ontop of the wax and the hairs are removed. An aloe vera gel is applied to the skin after a waxing treatment. Areas of hair that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often become softer and the re growth slows down. It is recommend to have a waxing treatment every four weeks.
Aftercare for Waxing
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only). No saunas, hot tubs or steam and heat treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
- Some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
- To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin three times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area every day, this will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
- You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to four treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Hair needs to be at least 1⁄2 cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every four weeks.