A facial is recommended once a month to maintain healthy looking skin. Some of the benefits are that it slows down premature ageing and improves the blood circulation and stimulation of the skin. The skin is deep cleansed and exfoliated encouraging new healthy skin cells to come through. The face, neck and shoulders are also massaged in a facial treatment and this is great for relieving any tension in the muscles.
After-Care for Facial Treatment
- Drink plenty of water.
- Keep make-up to a minimum for 12 hours.
- Do not use any perfumed products or expose yourself to direct sunlight/ saunas/ sunbeds for 48 hours.
- Do not undertake further skincare treatments for 48 hours or use any exfoliating products for 72 hours.
- Avoid alcohol or smoking to keep your complexion clear and healthy.
Maintaining your Results
- Increase your water intake to 8 glasses a day.
- Decrease alcohol and smoking consumption to keep skin healthy.
- Use products as advised by your beauty therapist – these should be specific for your skin type, concerns and budget.
- For long-term results and as a preventative measure, book in for a facial once every 4 weeks (the ideal scenario) or once every 3 months (the least).