About Deep Tissue Massage
A deep massage that uses trigger point therapy. Great for joint and muscle pain, trapped nerves, stress, repetitive strain syndrome and sports people.
Deep Tissue Massage is not only for sports people, sports injuries and pre/post event treatments but its also recommended for repetitive strain or injury from jobs and hobbies or just tight, stiff or aching muscles from life in general. Different techniques such as massage, friction, trigger point and stretching are used to manipulate specific muscles according to your needs. Aiming to help increase mobility and circulation and decrease discomfort or as a maintenance treatment for prevention of injury or strain.
After-Care for Deep Tissue Massage
- Increase the amount of water you drink over the next few days. Approx 8-10 glasses for 48 hours.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Try to cut down on smoking.
- Make time to relax.
Occasionally you may experience reactions when the body begins its self- healing process and elimination of toxins. These reactions are only temporary and should clear within 24-48 hours. They are positive signals that your body has responded to the treatment and balancing itself.
These reactions may include
- Frequent visits to the toilet.
- Runny nose or cough.
- Slight rash as the skin rebalances.
- Perspiration- another way that the body can excrete waste.
- Conditions which may have been suppressed may flare up temporarily before they heal.
- Deep sleep or difficulty sleeping and vivid dreams.