About Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy Massage can emotionally and physically support a woman when her body is undergoing many changes. It can help to alleviate aches and pains and other common health problems associated with pregnancy.
Benefits of Massage during pregnancy are:
- Stimulates Circulation.
- Helps with lymphatic drainage.
- Helps with sluggish bowel movements.
- Releases any muscular tension in the upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips, helping to ease the discomfort of sciatica and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) that is often caused by postural change and hormones.
- Increases energy levels and brings about a sense of well being.
- Helps with deep relaxation and relieves emotional stress and anxiety.
- Keeps skin supple and elastic.
After-Care for Pregnancy Massage
- You may feel relaxed and sleepy after your treatment, take care if you are driving or working.
- Keep warm as massage and relaxation treatments can make you feel more sensitive to the cold.
- Drink plenty of water after your treatment to rehydrate your body, reduce fatigue and to help eliminate toxins from your body.
- Try to avoid eating a heavy meal, eat light for the rest of the day to allow your body to concentrate on the natural healing and encourage detoxification.
- Sometimes people experience some tenderness for 24 hours or so after a massage. If you do feel a little sore, do some light gentle stretches or take a warm bath. Remember to tell your therapist about your experience so that it can be taken into consideration in your next session.